Hey guys its me with the Liebster Award again. I’m so honored to be nominated for the second (and third!) time by some really amazing bloggers. The bloggers in question are Shannon @ Clockwork Bibliophile and Maria @ Once Booked and I’m really happy they even thought of me for this. Anyway lets head to the questions before the gushing gets worse!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note: the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer the 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
Shannon @ Clockwork Bibliophiles Questions
What was the first book you read?
Oh how I wish I remembered! The first authors I remember reading were R.L. Stine, Enid Blyton and Roald Dahl. If I had to guess, I would say Roald Dahl was probably my first.
What’s your favourite book to movie/TV adaptation?
Oh man, I can’t believe you’re making me pick! If I had narrow it down to four I would say The Giver, The Great Gatsby (2013), The Spiderwick Chronicles and The Hunger Games. Honorable mention: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1.
What’s your least favourite book to movie/TV adaptation?
Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters
What’s your favourite quote of all time?? (from a book or elsewhere).
Words are a weapon stronger than he knows. And songs are even greater. The words wake the mind. The melody wakes the heart – Pierce Brown, Red Rising.
What do you want to do when you’re out of full time education (or what is your job if you’re already at that stage in your life?).
I wanna be a full time techie (its why I’m studying electronics engineering), I just love gadgets and knowing how they function.
What career path did you want to follow when you were younger, say ten years old?
For some reason I really wanted to be a dentist (I was a pretty weird kid). That changed real quick after my first real trip to one.
What’s your favourite celebrity and why? (or someone who inspires you).
I would say John Green, not only is he an amazing writer (something I’ll probably never become) but he also does a lot of good in the world with his brother and the numerous other nerdfighters fighting to end world suck. He’s definitely a huge inspiration. DFTBA!
Why is your best friend, your best friend?
He’s the only person I know thats not afraid to tell it like it is and he makes me laugh like crazy.
Do you watch Game of Thrones? If so… OMG HOW EXCITING IS THIS NEW SEASON?!?!?!??!??!
OMG I love it!! Finally Bran is back… just in time to screw everything up! (Just caught up to E6 no spoilers!!)
If you could be another person for a day, who would it be? (fictional, real, dead or alive).
Umm Hermione because who wouldn’t want magical powers – even for a day!
What’s your favourite childhood memory?
My dad forcing me to go to the bookstore.. its funny how much I hated the process of learning to read but now books are my life. I used to go kicking and screaming but now I think back to those memories and smile because eventually reading became one of my favorite things in the world.
Maria @ Once Booked Questions:
What’s the story behind the name of your blog?
No story. I just loved how Sunsets and Bookfests rhymed so I went with it! Plus I love sunsets and books so….
Where is your favourite place to read?
In bed, there’s nothing like cuddling up with a good book.
Do you prefer to buy paperbacks or hardcovers?
I prefer buying (and reading!) paperbacks but I think hardcovers are so much prettier.
If you could choose one book or series to be perfectly adapted as a TV show/movie, which would it be?
I would love a Red Rising movie but I think it would be impossible even try to make a movie as perfect as that book.
Which is your favourite cliché young adult book trope?
Happy endings.I don’t know if thats considered a trope but I’m a sucker for good happy endings!
Favourite opening line? If you don’t have one, what is your favourite book quote?
“I’m pretty much fucked.” – The Martian, Andy Weir. Best opening line ever!
If you could publish one piece of non-fiction work, what would it be and why? What would the title be?
A documentary on aggressive whales in captivity. I just find their reaction to being caged riveting because they are such intelligent animals and the methods they develop to fight back are frighteningly ingenious. I would title it Attack of the Whales (or something lame like that).
What are you currently reading?
The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus book 3) by Rick Riordan. This series is soo good!
Are there books on your shelves that you haven’t read?
Yep, about 23 of them.
What’s your favourite bookstore?
I don’t really have a favorite since I mostly buy Ebooks.
If you had to choose a topic other than books to dedicate your blog to, what would it be?
Probably movies or just life in general.
11 Facts About Me
- If you couldn’t tell, I’m obsessed with whales.
- In my first real conversation with an author I got the title of her book wrong and only realized much later which was so embarrassing.
- The most painfully embarrassing moment of my life was my dad forcing me to watch the first twilight with him because he thought it would help us ‘bond’.
- The only classic I’ve ever read is Animal Farm by George Orwell
- People telling me not to buy so many books makes me want to buy more books.
- In high school I had to take an African Literature course and ended up falling in love with The Concubine by Elechi Amadi. (This is shocking because I’m not a huge fan of African Lit)
- During my driving test I hit several cones while the instructor wasn’t looking and some how managed to get away with it.
- Dog-eared pages physically hurt my soul
- My biggest fear is getting buried alive.
- Totally Team Cap
- I love Indian food, the spicier the better!
Thats it! Sending love to these two amazing blogs once more! Thanks for reading guys!